Sunday, March 20, 2011
EDLD 5352 Web Conference Reflection - March 16
I viewed the entire 2-hour video transcript of Professor Cindy Cummings video web conference. The information I received was beneficial as participants asked some good questions. Ironically, it was some technological difficulties such as missing audio that caused some problems. The chat screen changed size often and the participants' screen kept coming and going which became a distraction. Even so the chat section was quite useful as you could see questions being posted and answered quickly. It was a bit chaotic in that everyone was posting questions and comments at the same time. Questions should definitely be answered with the responder noting whose question they are answering. Some students did this and it was much better as the conference went on. Ms. Cummings did a good job of trying to keep up with many of the questions especially on the parts of this weeks assignment. There were times when participants would get off the subject area but I think that is very similar to regular staff meetings. I learned that some students were also confused about the LCE, ILD, and Internship Portfolio. Other students offered some insight on this subject and I realized that I was not the only one confused on this matter. I still have some question on these exams and the portfolio but I at least I know now where to find the answers - through Dr. Rucker and his website. This is a technology that is helpful and it can be much better when the minor glitches are fixed. The volume of people trying to participate can be part of the issue. I was not able to participate in the conference before this one as too many students were already on it. However, enabling students to view the recorded web conference has been very helpful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment